In order to ensure high-quality academic research the Pakistan Journal of Islamic Research, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan follows the Higher Education Commission's Ethical Guidelines. The following principles are key to the journal's Policy:
For Editorial Board:
1. The editorial board of the journal will decide that which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published on the basis of their blind review reports.
2. The confidentiality of the submitted work is the basic responsibility of Editorial Board until they are published.
3. In case, it is decided not to publish a material, the manuscript should not be used for any other purpose without the express written consent of the author.
For Advisory Board:
1. The Advisory Board of the journal is responsible to advise, suggest and support the editors.
2. The Advisory Board is guided by the policies of the journal and constrained by legal requirements related to libel, copyright infringement, and plagiarism.
3. The advisory board members endorse the journal to authors, readers and subscribers and encourage colleagues to submit their best work.
For the Reviewers:
1. The reviewers of Pakistan Journal of Islamic Research, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan assist the editors in taking the decision of publishing submitted manuscripts.
2. The reviews must be objective, comprehensive, and accurate.
3. A reviewer must evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual contents without regard to race, gender, political philosophy, citizenship, or religious beliefs of the authors.
4. If reviewers feels unqualified to review he/she should inform the editor and excuse him/her from the task within the suggested time period.
The reviewers are supposed to treat the manuscript(s) received for peer-reviewing as confidential and must not use the information obtained from them for personal advantage.
For the Authors:
1. The authors of the manuscripts submitted to Pakistan Journal of Islamic Research should ensure that submissions are entirely their own original work.
2. When the authors use other materials and sources, they should be appropriately cited.
3. Any attempt of plagiarism would outright lead to the rejection of the submitted manuscript. Plagiarism, in all its forms, constitutes unethical publishing behaviour and is strongly condemned.
4. Authors must not submit the same work or essentially the same research simultaneously to multiple journals.
Pakistan Journal of Islamic Research strictly follows Plagiarism Policy as per guidelines of HEC. The Similarity Report on Turnitin should be below 19 percent.
Submissions are open throughout the year.
Guidelines for Submission of Research Articles:
The authors are requested to submit well-researched and original paper with a length of 5000 to 7000 words, including references. The paper must be contained an Abstract with a length of 200-300 words, including Keywords. The title of Arabic and Urdu article is to be translated into English Language as well.
First page of the article should contain title of the research paper, name of the author, designation, institution affiliation and contact details. All the articles must be composed in MSWord, however, Font for English Articles; Times New Roman, for Arabic Articles; Traditional Arabic and for Urdu Articles; Jameel Noori Nastaleeq.
An article should be typed on A4 size paper in double space, on one side of the page. Font size for title headings for English Articles 16 Bold, and for sub-headings 14 Bold, however, font size for references is 10. For Arabic and Urdu articles, main headings 16 Bold, sub-headings 14 Bold, and main body of text 13 and for references font size is 12.
References should be inserted as Endnotes and numbered consecutively. All citations should follow the Chicago Manual of Style and the detail of the style can be observed on "http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org">http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org
The Research Journal PJIR prefers a critical and analytical approach by providing literature review of the research.
Articles are required to be submitted by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to the editor for the publication.
The articles are double blind peer reviewed by the experts before publication. However, the Editorial Board reserves the right to exclude the paper without showing cause for it. The decision of the Editorial Board will be considered exclusive for publication of the article.
The research paper must comprise an original and unpublished work and must not be against the injunction of Islam. It is assumed that the research paper sent to PJIR is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
The article sent for publication is without plagiarism. The author has to submit article along with similarity report and he will be legally responsible for any objection in this regard.
The Editorial Board does not necessarily agree with the views of the authors, and cannot be held accountable for any statement, comment or information.
In particular, please observe the following conventions for footnotes.
Reference from the Holy Quran:
(Source of Urdu or English Translation of the Quranic Verses must also be cited)
Reference from Hadith:
Muhammad Bin Ismail Bukhari,Al-Jamia Al-Sahih, Kitab Al-Nikah, Bab Al-Nafaqah, (Riyadh: Dar al-Salam, 1417H), Hadith: No.5530.
Abu Bakr Muhammad Bin Ahmad, Al-Sarakhsi, Usul -al- Sarakhsi, (Beirut: Dar-al-Marifah, 1979), vol.1, 350.
Last name of author (short-title of book)
Al- Sarakhsi, Usul, 1:350
M.H. Kamali, “Issues in the legal theory of Usul and prospects for reform” Islamic Studies, 40 (2000), 5-23.
References of English Books:
Adler, R. B., Interplay: The Process of Interpersonal Communication, (New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 1989), pp.9-10
Reference of Encyclopedia:
CH. Pellat, "Hayawan," The Encyclopedia of Islam, eds. B. Lewis, V.L. Menage, CH. Pellat and J. Schacht, (Leiden: E.J. Brill, 1986), 3:307
Reference of Website:
"McDonald's Happy Meal Toy Safety Facts," McDonald's Corporation, accessed July 19, 2008, http://www.mcdonalds.com/corp/about/factsheets.html.
Reference Online Research Journals:
Gueorgi Kossinets and Duncan J. Watts, "Origins of Homophily in an Evolving Social Network," American Journal of Sociology 115 (2009), p.411, accessed February 28, 2010, doi:10.1086/599247.
Conflict of Interest
• The Editor should not edit a submitted paper for those author(s) and/or institution against
which s/he has any conflicts of interest (e.g. resulting from competitive, collaborative
and/or professional standing).
• The Editor should also apply this guideline on their reviewers and Editorial Board members.
• To ensure unbiased review, the Editor should declare a clear cut policy for his/her own
submission and a research paper submitted by an Editorial Board member, and
• The Editor must publish a list of common interests (e.g. financial, academic and/or any other
type) for all Editorial Board members and editorial staff. This list should be updated from
time to time.
• To ensure unbiased review, the Editor should declare a clear cut policy for his/her own submission and a research paper submitted by an Editorial Board member.
• In case of article (s) submitted by the Editor, the decision pertaining to the editor's submitted article/s, one of the Associate Editors must take responsibility for the evaluation of the article and information pertaining to reviewers should be kept confidential.
Manuscript Acceptance and Rejection:
1. The review period of any manuscript is more than twelve weeks.
2. Editorial Board will decide in meeting about the acceptance and rejection of the article for further process.
3. In case of revision the time period of minimum three weeks will provide to the author to correct the mistakes and after revision the revised manuscript will go through the process affirmation of revision and be accepted or rejected accordingly.
1. The author has right the withdrawal his/her manuscript. The author must inform the withdrawal of his/her manuscript through e-mail to the Editor of the Journal.
1. The submission fee of the article must be submitted with research articles otherwise the manuscript will not be entertained even will not be replied or processed.
2. Any type of complaints and grievances of authors can be addressed to Editor in Chief by giving in writing application.
3. Research Papers, not well written/ composed as per the guidelines for authors given at PJIR website, will not be entertained for further process.
Peer Review Policy:
Pakistan Journal of Islamic Research follows the double-blind peer review and open access policy. Under this policy, we remove the name of the author(s) before sending an article to the reviewers. Likewise, the name of the reviewer is never revealed before the author(s) or any other in any case. We have very dynamic and well-read scholars, researchers and renowned literary figures in our review panel to get the papers reviewed.
Timelines of Publications of Issue:
The journals are bi-annual in its nature. The first issue is from January to June and published in June while the second issue is from July to December and published in December.
Articles Processing/Publication Fee:
On the recommendation of the Finance & Planning Committee in its meeting held on 28-06-2021, the Syndicate in its meeting held on 25-09-2021 approved that the submission fee for the papers to be published in HEC recognized research journals be increased as below:-
i. Submission Fee of Research Paper: 5000/- (PKR)
ii. Publishing Fee of Research Paper: 15000/- (PKR)
Open Access Policy:
Pakistan Journal of Islamic Research is an open access journal. All articles published in our journal are open access, freely available online and its allowed readers to read, download, copy, print and to use them any other lawful purpose.
The authors retain copyright under the CC BY license. However, author have to sign a form agreeing to the publication of their article under the CC BY license.
Pakistan Journal of Islamic Research, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan is licensed under a http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/">Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors retain copyright under the CC BY license. However, author has to sign a form agreeing to the publication of their article under the CC BY license.
Facts and theories published in Pakistan Journal of Islamic Research demonstrate only the opinions of the respective authors. Authors are responsible for their text, citing of sources, accuracy of references and bibliographies. The editor or editorial board cannot be held responsible for any lack or possible violations of third party rights.