Islamic Research Centre was established in 2007. The Centre at present, is working in the building of Department of Islamic Studies. The main aims of the Center are to develop a methodology for research in the various fields of Islamic learning, to identify and study contemporary problems and interpret the teachings of Islam in order to assist Muslim Ummah to live according to the imperatives of Islam. The results of the work done at the Centre are to be published in books, monographs, research reports and a quarterly Journal of the Islamic Research Centre. The Centre will also organize Seminars, Conferences and Workshops to achieve and promote its objectives.
The master plan of the Centre will cover the following fields:-
- Translation of significant Islamic texts related to Tafseer, Hadith, Fiqh, Tasawwuf and Social Sciences.
- Compilation, translation and publication of useful materials carefully selected from the most outstanding works of Islamic learning.
Objectives of the Centre
- Act as the research arm of the Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan and conduct research in the fields prescribed by the Academic Council.
- Develop and disseminate methodology for research in various fields of Islamic learning.
- Study and interpret the teachings of Islam in the context of the intellectual and scientific progress of the modern world.
- Publish monographs, books, research reports, research tours and such other research material as may be considered necessary for the promotion of knowledge on various aspects of Islam.
- Appoint study groups for identifying issues facing the Muslim society.
- Organise seminars, conferences, symposia and workshops to promote harmonious understanding amongst various schools of thought in Muslim societies.